Sunday, October 14, 2012

101 ways to be AWESOME!!!

When  trying to figure what to write on my blog, I usually read other students' and then get ideas from there. I figured I should read a book and then analyze it with great feeling, but figured it would take way too much effort. So I looked around my living room, trying to find something to write about, and my gaze then dramatically fell on a book entitled 101 things you gotta do before you're 12! Obviously, I'm no longer 12, but I figured I'd give the book a try. Turns out it's perfect for someone my age!
Well, it's perfect for moi. For those of you who have never seen the Muppets, that means me in French.
I have yet to try out any of the ideas listed in the book, but realized I've already done about a third of them.  I've decided to blog about one thing each week, and I'm going in order. Because there are some that I have already done, I'm going to skip those and move on. Get it? Got it? Good.
I'm now going to talk about my experience while doing the first thing in the book.
1-Celebrate a holiday you usually don't celebrate.
Okay, easy enough, go to your friend's house and chill with them during Lent. Well, I don't have many friends who celebrate holidays other than Christmas, Easter or your usual array of Jewish holidays. I figured it would be kinda hard to find a holiday, but it turns out the kid I babysit is pretty serious about celebrating Sukkot, a Jewish holiday that I never observe. I was invited to stay and eat dinner in the Sukkah with the kid's family, and it was really fun. We sang songs, and ate some pretty darn good food. I realized that while I'm familiar with the idea of Sukkot, I've never celebrated it, and for no good reason. It's fun, and I celebrated a holiday that I should have but never even thought about experiencing.
Check in withmy wonderful blog next week for itemnumber two on my list:
Join (or start) a club or team.
Have a funtabulous week, and don't bog yourselves down with too much homework. (Like that won't happen no matter what I say.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Samantha: A Maryland Girl Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting