Sunday, November 11, 2012

The (Not-So-True) Meaning of Fall

Recently in Media class, we were given an assignment in which we had to make a one minute long, ten-shot video about what the fall means to us. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Who knows what fall means to them?" Well, to me it means my birthday, jumping in leaves, and Halloween. So there. I answered your silly question. Now, you're probably also thinking "Well, harumph! Because this post has absolutely NOTHING to do with Samantha's book that she's blogging."
Excuse me, sir or madam, but you are in fact very wrong. For you see, Number 49 in 101 Things You Gotta Do Before You're 12! is Make a Movie.
 You see, I have been making movies since I was about 8 years old. Now, they weren't good movies. (Who wants to watch a 10 minute long video of 5th graders crying over their "Auntie Jolie"?) But they were movies. And THAT, my dear reader, is the important part.
For my Capture the Fall video, I used the YouTube Video Editor, because wevideo was being a poop and wasn't letting me put my clips where I wanted them to go. I used my crummy Cannon PowerShot, which would be why the quality is so bad. The other issue was that I managed to misplace my camera during SuperStorm Sandy, and didn't find it until Friday night. So I had to do almost all my filming in the past few days. A problem I ran into was that I picked out a song to use from ccmixter, but YouTube editor only allows its own audio clips to be used. I think. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit such things, so if someone knows of a way to put outside music into YouTube, TELL ME! Thanks.
Anyways, back to my actual blog post, which just happens to be on making film(s).
As I was saying, I have been making home movies with my friends for a while, but they've never been good. (I'm still working on that whole being able to edit and make a good video thing.) However, I think that even if you're making poopy murder mysteries in your basement, it's a good thing. Cinema, or film, or movies-whatever people actually call it-are an absolutely magnificent form of self-expression. Movies aren't just fun to make;sometimes they make you think a certain way. Or feel a certain way. Movies enable people to express their views with multiple forms of media, all rolled into a nice little bundle of sound and sight. And with 3D, sort of touch, too.
So maybe this fall video will make you cry, or spark your interest in cats, or teach you how to do the cup song. But no matter what, movies are one of the best ways for people to get their point across, to convey a message to the world. So to you, fabulous followers, I say "Enjoy the leaves before they fall off!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet Samantha: A Maryland Girl Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting